Thank you so much for being a valued member of the Williamsport Business Association. We are thrilled to share with you what we have been working on over the past year.
• We launched a brand new website! It allows visitors to search by category for places to shop, eat &
drink, stay, and visit. As a member of the Williamsport Business Associate, you are included in these
search perimeters making it easier for patrons to find you and experience all you have to offer. If you
haven’t already, visit www.williamsportpa.org and see what we’ve created!
• We’ve been holding monthly board meetings! 2017 brought a reboot of the Williamsport Business
Association. We have a new board consisting of eight members, along with some key advisory
members. Every 3rd Monday of the month, the board members gather to discuss First Fridays and
Saturdays, special events and projects to promote local businesses and support our members, along
with ways to increase foot traffic downtown.
• We expanded First Fridays!
• We introduced First Saturdays!
• We created a Shop Small Passport and held a Small Business Saturday Kick Off Event!
Not only that but in the year to come we plan to focus our efforts on improving member communication. We plan to do this through public boarding meetings on April 16th, June 18th, and September 17th (the 3rd Monday of the month) at 5:15pm. Members are welcome to attend and add their voice to current and future projects, as well as provide feedback on ways we can improve the organization. In addition, we will host two networking events for new and current members in March and September. Follow us on Facebook at @WilliamsportBusinessAssociation to stay up-to-date on all our upcoming events!
Some other exciting projects in the works are a Restaurant Week, partnering with “Our Towns” on a
beautification project for downtown, and a “Welcome Event” for incoming students in September. We hope to partner with the local colleges on their orientations by inviting students to our First Friday events and giving them tours around downtown to show them all that Williamsport has to offer!
In addition, we want to make sure you’re taking full advantage of all the membership benefits available:
• Featured listing on the WBA website
• Network with Local Business Owners
• Have input in City issues and WBA events and activities
• Play a role in ongoing city revitalization
• Member-to-Member Discounts
• WBA Event Insurance Policy available to cover your event
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!
The Williamsport Business Association