For Shoppers: Shop Small on Saturday, November 30th
Saturday, November 30, 2019, is Small Business Saturday® – a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities.
In recognition of Small Business Saturday, many local businesses are participating in the 5th annual Shop Small Passport Program. This two-week-long event gives customers the opportunity to shop around Williamsport using our Shop Small Passport. All you need to do is collect eight stamps from eight, different awesome local businesses and you will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win gift cards, jewelry, clothing, handbags, and other items donated by each participating small business! Five lucky winners will be chosen at random to win a basket of prizes!
- Starting November 30th, just bring your passport to any of our participating local business listed below.
- Drop off your completed passport off during our 'Catch the Spirit' downtown celebration on Friday, December 13th or at any participating business.
- Deadline to return completed passports is December 14th.
- The raffle winners will be announced on December 21st.
For WBA Members that are Business Owners: The Shop Small Passport Project
Greetings WBA Members!
We are excitedly gearing up for our fifth annual Shop Small Passport kickoff celebrating Small Business Saturday in the Williamsport community! To participate, members make a donation towards the winning prize pack and the names and addresses of all participating businesses are listed on the passport. Shoppers must visit eight, unique locations to acquire their stamps. The benefits of participating in the Shop Small Passport are two-fold: not only are you promoting your business and fostering a sense of community spirit, but each business reaches new potential shoppers and clientele and promotes future continuing business. Donated prizes can be anything from small gift items, gift cards, t-shirts, etc. The holidays are a great time to get creative in promoting your business!
If you have participated with us in the past, we would love for you to join us again. This year the Shop Small Passport program is available to all WBA members for FREE. If you are not a member and would like to participate this program, we’d love to have you join and take advantage of this membership perk!
How it works:
• November 8 - Deadline for business enrollment and prize submissions. This will help us to promote the event and participating businesses far ahead of Small Business Saturday! (Please like and share WBA facebook posts about the event!)
• November 18 - Pick up your Shop Small Information Packet at our Holiday Social (6pm at the Bullfrog Brewery). Your packet includes instructions, passports, stamps, and some signage. We highly recommend making this a fun and exciting experience for your regular customers! Printable signage is available at American Express’ Small Business Saturday website, and a limited amount of promotional materials will be available through the WBA (first come, first served!)
• November 30 - Small Business Saturday - Encourage customers to use the shop small passports and start stamping for visitors to your business!
• Beginning December 16 - Completed passport pick-up by WBA
• December 21 - Winners will be announced and contacted! Yay!
Our 2019 passport registration has closed for this year. If you're interested in participating in next year's passport program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to another GREAT year with you!
The WBA Team